6.13.2012

Our Home: Painting our Ceiling

We have been painting the house & oh what a difference it makes.  Even though it is still a mess, a fresh coat of paint makes it feel as if I could move right in.  When we first bought the house we were in love with the dark wood tongue and groove ceiling, but quickly realized that it made the room feel smaller and darker.  We debated whether or not we should paint the flat part white and leave the beams dark, and I am SO glad we went for it.  The room feels so much larger and airy and the dark beams are so beautiful.
{Before}
{Taping the beams off}
{Our first glimpse at beautiful beams...I'll admit I was having a panic attack that one of these was going to be covered in white paint}
{The result via @_juliannekelly instagram}
{Enjoying my beautiful corner in the midst of chaos}


1 comment:

  1. I just love it! You have done a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete