3.01.2013

Why I love March 1st

Today is a special day to me for two reasons...
First, it is my sweet momma's birthday!  I am so blessed to have such an amazing mom who is truly my best friend and a great encourager.  The past two and a half years have been hectic and crazy(I think crazy might be an understatement) but I am so thankful for all the special times we have had together.  I think we have both learned the true meaning of relaxation and taking each day as it comes.  Mom, you are such a great role model, and I hope to be just like you when I grow up.  With four children, you have always been so selfless and I admire that so much.  I love you more than you know, and even though you are feeling yucky today I hope you know how grateful I am for you.

{I love this picture of my mom and I}
I am also grateful that 10 years ago my mom let me skip her birthday dinner to go with friends to the Monster Jam.  I was 14 years old, and had a crush on this super hot guy who happens to be my husband now.  It was that night that Michael "asked me out." (Im laughing right now thinking how old school that sounds.  Now people probably ask if they can make it Facebook official.)  So 10 YEARS AGO we started dating and boy am I glad I went to that Monster Jam.  It has been 10 years full of great memories, vacations, learning and growing together, and I know the next 10 are going to be even better.  I love you Michael Paul Kelly and I love doing life together.  A few old pictures...Ill pull some really old ones out, but none of those are on my computer. :)

{Freshman year of college}
{Exploring the castles in Germany during college}
  

No comments:

Post a Comment