3.12.2013

Thankful, Grateful and Honest

{Via Lara Casey ; if you haven't read her blog, you should}
Well this weekend was crazy to say the least.  It all began on Thursday when Michael came home from work.  I was grumpy, frustrated and in an awful mood.  My mind was filled with fear, doubt and uncertainty.  A few thoughts I had were...
"What if no one likes our booth?  It is SO different than the others"
"What if we don't sell anything?  All of this time and money will be wasted" 
"I am not equipped to run the finances of this business;  all of these legal documents with my name make me a little nervous."

If you didn't notice, the common themes of my worrying stemmed from approval of others and finances.  The start of our booth was kind of on a whim, and this was the first time I really thought about failure.  What if I fail?  I soon realized that I was tying to do everything on my own, instead of relying on God and trusting in his goodness. 

That night I begged the Lord to remove my fears, and give me clear direction.  I desperately needed Him to let me know that I was in the right place.  Now I smile and laugh at how clear and direct God can be.  Friday morning my Etsy shop blew up.  I had over 20 glasses ordered in 2 days, and not to mention another 12 ordered yesterday.  The booth had HUGE sales over the weekend, and the table that I refinished sold.  While we were restocking the booth on Sunday we received tons of complements, and several inquiries for interior design consulting and furniture painting.  The cherry on top was that we will be getting a RETURN on our taxes!!!  I think God made it pretty clear that I am right where I need to be.  When doubts and fears begin to creep in (because in all honesty, they will) this will be a time that I remember.  

God is faithful, and I am so grateful and thankful that I get to do what I love everyday.  

With all that being said, our booth has a new set-up since so many things sold.  Here is a look at the space...   
{Bailey is excited about all of the new accessories}
{This old workbench would make an amazing kitchen island}






No comments:

Post a Comment