11.21.2012

Our Dining Room & a Thanksgiving Craft

We are hosting Thanksgiving!!! Yes you read that right...and we decided to host last Friday.  It has been a mad dash to finish a few things up and the first thing on my list was a new chandelier.   Remember this ugly brass & wood chandelier and that dark ceiling?  Well so much has changed & I am extremely excited to reveal the dining room.  I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

BEFORE:


AFTER:






And just to keep myself grounded this massive pile of junk tools were sitting all over the floor.  I am happy to say they are now all in the shed.

So, like I mentioned we decided to host Thanksgiving last Friday, and our new chandelier was hung by Saturday evening.  I had been going back and forth & I finally just went with this chandelier  from Ballard Designs.  I had a 20% off coupon which helped in the decision.  I love the jute rope and the antiqued finish.  It makes me so happy to go into the dining room and turn on a light that actually looks beautiful and functions perfectly.  

Another item on my to-do list was to make a wreath for the front door.  I LOVE burlap and when I saw this gold polka-dot burlap at JoAnn's I knew it would be the perfect touch for Thanksgiving and on through the holidays.

Bailey loves to craft and I think she loves burlap as much as I do.  Like mother like...dog.

The finished wreath...




If you follow me on instagram you already saw a sneak peek of the wreath, and I have had a ton of questions on how I made it.  I wish I could take credit for the design, but I actually followed this tutorial from Today's Fabulous Finds.  The only variation that I made was the way I hung it on the door.  Instead of using a large ribbon I looped some ribbon and pinned it to the back of the wreath form.  I then hung it on a nail in the door.  


If I could do it again I would also consider wrapping the wreath form in burlap.  I would probably just use a plain burlap instead of using the polka-dot burlap, because plain burlap is about $3/yd and the polka-dot is $14.99/yd.  

Well, that is all for now, but I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful for this little house that we are turning into a home & my amazing husband who encourages my creativity and love for design.


No comments:

Post a Comment