So on to the process...
The first step was getting all 1200 bricks to our house. Michael might disagree, but for me this was the hardest and most grueling part of the process. I thought my fingers were going to just stop working. Next, we drew out the general area for the patio and removed all of the
We then raked the dirt so that it was level. Next we did a layer of screening, which is a fine crushed concrete and sand mixture, and then used a compactor to pack everything down. We then began laying the bricks in a subway pattern going out from the house.
Once all of the bricks were laid, we filled the cracks with a sand and mortar mixture and swept off all of the excess.
In order to activate the mortar we used water to spray off the entire deck
Before (just so you don't have to scroll back up):