9.13.2012

Meet Bailey

Meet the newest member of the Kelly family... Bailey!
{she has the most adorable sleep eyes}
Michael & I have been talking about getting a puppy for a while now, and for as long as I can remember I have wanted a golden retriever & he has wanted a lab.  We sometimes joked that we would never end up getting one, because we couldn't decide what to get.  I gave into getting a lab and originally we wanted a chocolate, but I quickly realized that with all of our white furniture, bed skirts & curtains we needed a dog with lighter hair.  Call me crazy to make a decision on what dog you are getting based on your decor, but that is kind of how it happened.  I realized it was much easier to vacuum the lighter hairs off the floor than to constantly be washing all of the white linens, etc. in our home.  So we narrowed it down to deciding between a golden retriever & a white lab.  I think we were both fine with either, since we will most likely have one of each someday.  
My little sister saw that the breeders who my parents got their golden(Hope) from had another litter, and it so it began.  We picked her out when she was 5 weeks old, and brought her home last Friday.  She is almost 9 weeks and is already growing so fast.  I am slightly obsessed with taking pictures of her sweet face, so you will probably be seeing a lot of her around here. 

{Bailey & Hope are already great friends}
{Playtime after her bath}

No comments:

Post a Comment