5.30.2013

We have a little girl...

Now don't get too excited.  I'm not pregnant, but I want you to meet our little girl Zuwena....

She is our Compassion child that we sponsor from Uganda and we get to meet her in October!!!!!!!!! We are so thrilled, and I can't help but think about how this is going to change our life.    

Michael and I have always talked about going on a mission trip together and this past October we began discussing where and when we would go.  We both felt like we needed a year’s time to prepare and pray about where the Lord wanted us to go.  A few days later I (JuliAnne) told Michael that I felt like I needed to go somewhere that would really stretch me.  In the back of my mind I was thinking Africa, but I was a little scared to say it at the time.  Michael immediately responded, “I was thinking Africa.”  A month or so later the mission trip schedule came out for our church, and they announced that there would be a trip to Uganda in October 2013; exactly one year from when we said we would like to go.  Isn’t it funny how the Lord makes things so clear?  He made things even more clear a few days after we signed up for the trip when a friend felt led to mail us a check.  She had no idea that we were even thinking about going on the trip.  The Lord has used her as a daily reminder that the He has called us on this trip. 

We will be traveling from October 9-19 which happens to fall on our 3 year anniversary. :) Our group will be traveling with Compassion International to several villages in Uganda that the Church of Eleven 22 helps sponsor, giving us an opportunity to build and cultivate relationships.  We are most excited about meeting Zuwena.  We have all sorts of excitement when we think about actually getting to hug and love on a little girl that we’ve only seen in pictures.  In addition to meeting Zuwena we will visit our CSP (Child Survival Program), help to build homes made of mud, and do some repairs at the schools.  We also will have an opportunity to visit Okoa Refuge to work and play with the children and show them the love of Christ!

I am asking for you to partner with Michael and I through prayer and finances.  First and foremost I am asking for you to partner with us in prayer on the following:
  •  Safe and easy travels for the entire team.  (I am a little nervous about all of the flying.)
  • Continuity between the team.
  • As we step outside our comfort zones, our hearts and minds will be transformed and our marriage will be strengthened.
  • The Lord will begin to do a work in the hearts of those we will meet and minister to. 

We are also asking that you would ask the Lord if He would have you partner financially.  The total trip cost for the two of us is $9,000-$10,000 with all funds due before August 12th , with half the amount due June 6th.  I am slightly nervous about how and where all of this money is going to come from, but I am trusting the Lord will provide.  

There are 2 ways that you can give towards our trip:

  • By Check: Checks made payable to The Church of Eleven22 with the following written on the comment line: Uganda, Michael & JuliAnne Kelly and mailed to:

The Church of Eleven22
Attn: Carol Gilham
14286 Beach Boulevard, Suite 2
Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250
 Note: All payments made out to COE22 are tax deductible and non-refundable.

If you made it all the way to the bottom of this post (I know it was a long one) thank-you for partnering with us.  Your prayers and support mean more than you know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment