3.21.2012

{Edamame Goodness :: A Healthy Snack}

This past weekend we visited my brother Greg, who is a collegiate golfer at Furman University {quite possibly one of the most beautiful colleges}.  While there we attended a dinner hosted by one of the golfers families, and there was the most amazing appetizer.  It was so healthy, fresh and light.  Several of us begged the hostess for the recipe, and it was the first thing I made when I returned home.  It stays really well, so you can make a batch and eat it throughout the week.  I hope you love it as much as I do...

{Edamame Goodness}
-1 Bag of shelled edamame {I found mine in the frozen section}
-1 Can of white shoepeg corn {I bought a big bag of frozen corn & used 1 cup...cheaper & healthier}
-1 Can of black beans {Make sure you rinse these}
-1 Can of garbanzo beans/chick peas {rinse also}
-7-10 Small sweet peppers 
-Juice of 3/4 of a lime
-1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil 
-Garlic powder & kosher salt to taste

Enjoy it with some crackers, tortilla chips, or on a tortilla with some melted cheese...delicious & healthy.

Have a wonderful day!
JuliAnne

1 comment:

  1. This looks great. Must put the ingredients on my shopping list. I bet it would make a great side dish as well.

    ReplyDelete