4.24.2013

Hutch Makeover

I promised on Monday that I would start sharing more furniture makeovers, and I figured I would share the beautiful hutch that holds all of our paint in the booth first. 

Michael brought it home as a surprise a little over a month ago, and I knew that it had great potential. I had to look past the metallic silver (yuck) that the previous owner used in an attempt to refinish the piece.  I asked Michael "Who in their right mind would paint this hutch silver???"  He quickly responded, "If you saw the place I went to pick this up, you would understand that they didn't need a reason to paint it silver." HA. 
{top piece of the hutch before}
{bottom piece of hutch before}
 Last Thursday our CeCe Caldwell's paint arrived, and I began painting at 5:30pm.  By 4pm the next day the hutch had been painted, distressed, waxed and put into the booth as our paint display.  Now do you see why I love this paint?  If I would have sanded, primed and painted this piece with normal latex paint it would have taken me at least 3-4 days and a lot more elbow grease.  Instead it took less than 24 hours, and I have that beautiful finish that chalk and clay based paints give.  I painted the hutch in CeCe Caldwell's Antique White (the perfect creamy white) and used her clear wax to finish the piece.  

{the finished hutch...still missing a few knobs though}
So, what do you think?  Are there any pieces in your home that could use a quick facelift?  If, so stop by our booth at the Antique Market of San Jose and pick up some paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment