1.07.2013

{Beau or Bows} Gender Reveal Party

I told you last post that I would be sharing a gender reveal party, and life got a little busy.  We went on a family vacation and I opted to leave my computer at home, so here I am a week and a half later, finally getting around to posting it.  :)

First, let me say this party was SO MUCH FUN to design!  We did not have a lot of time for planning, so my cousin and I planned out the party over a glass of wine and the Victoria's Secret fashion show...I think it's a new recipe for success.  We loved the theme "Beau or Bows" and we wanted to make the colors really pop so we used navy and salmon as our main colors and accented with mint and tan.


Michael (my handy husband) whipped up this a-m-a-zing chalkboard framed with old barn wood.  We used it to display the old wives tale gender predictions and tally the votes.


Each guest wore a bow tie or bow, depending on what they thought the gender would be.  My cousin handmade each of these and then we glued pins on the back of them.  Aren't they adorable?

And now for the dessert table...


Time to cut the cake... It's a....

GIRL!!!!!!

Congrats Taylore and Jay!  We cannot wait to meet your sweet baby girl! 



Resources: Cake by Publix Bakery | Paper goods, cake topper & cupcake toppers by J. Kelly Events | Chalkboards & lettering by J. Kelly Events 



2 comments:

  1. does your sister have a tutorial on the bows and bow ties?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice of you to share such pretty and gracious moments of gender reveal. Cake is the best I have ever seen. Will order a similar design for my friend's baby shower also. Discussions regarding booking for event space NYC and caterers are going on. But not sure about dinner or luncheon. Hope everything is finalized soon.

    ReplyDelete